When Tim McGraw and Faith Hill celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary their interview shone a light on what makes for a great marriage. While watching the video some of the best ingredients of a great marriage surfaced in their behavior toward each other and the audience.
While watching you will see 6 great examples that contribute to making a great marriage:
1. They love unconditionally and with a deep sense of commitment to the long term.
2. They show each other tolerance, love, respect, and really listen to each other.
3. They are a team, a united pair standing together supporting each other.
4. They help each other out, and selflessly contribute to each others successes.
5. They are affectionate, have a sense of humor, and take time to stay connected.
6. They nurture the relationship, have stayed best friends and treat each other like they are married to their best friend.
When people are around their best friend there is a mutual love, respect, and loyalty they share. They treat their friends like they are precious. The reason for that is because friendship is a conditional relationship. Friendships that last are based on love and respect for each other, and so are good marriages. It’s tragic to see when some people get married they let the respect and love in the relationship slide and neglect nurturing the friendship. Most of us would never consider ignoring or disrespecting our best friend because we would lose the friendship, and yet when people get comfortable, or neglectful in marriages that happens a lot. Our husbands and wives should always be our best friend and treated with the utmost respect before all others.
Tim and Faith openly acknowledge that 20 years of marriage is an accomplishment, and we have to agree especially in these troubled times. Tim and Faith are blessed with a great marriage because God is love, and when we put God in the middle of our marriage it produces a beautiful union! Marriage is the greatest partnership and friendship rolled into one with a genuine commitment to work through life’s good and bad times. It is however well worth all the effort to have the privilege of growing old with someone who loves you, and as the relationship grows it just keeps getting better and stronger as both people work through life’s challenges and overcome them together. We pray that God Blesses all families, and that they would start to pray together and stay together. If you enjoyed this article please be sure to share it with your family and friends and have a Blessed Day!