Every day of our lives we combat free radicals and are exposed to carcinogens. The foods we eat can help us deal with these by blocking them from causing harm, and by protecting us. The foods listed are rich in the nutrients we need to help our bodies work optimally in the fight against cancer and to prevent it. Below is a summary of the foods recommended in the video.
List Of Top 9 Foods That Can Help Fight And Prevent Cancer
1. Kale contains phytochemicals that slow tumor growth, block carcinogens from reaching their targets, also blocks the proliferation of cancerous cells.
2. Maitake and Shitake Musrooms are cancer fighting, slow proliferation and protects healthy cells from chemotherapy and radiation, assists in the cancer treatment being more effective.
3. Broccoli contains sulforaphane that blocks carcinogens in the body and protects against free radicals. The sprouts are very powerful they contain from 20 to 50 times more of the sulforaphane than the head of broccoli.
4. Carrots contain carotenoids and carenol which are protective. Carenol helps slow proliferation of cancer cells, to derive the benefits of it they must be eaten raw.
5. Tomatoes contain licopene. To derive the benefits cook them, or combine them with some olive oil to help release the licopene.
6. Avacado contains glutathione which is known as the master antioxidant and is a free radical scavenger. If a person has cancer be cautious, and check with your doctor about the proper amount of fat intake, or if any other vitamin or supplement is needed with it, as it can upset some peoples stomach. Asparagus also contains glutathione.
7. Lemons, limes, oranges contain D-limonene use the rinds or zest of the fruit too, these fruits have been shown to activate the lymphosites, white blood cells and boost immune function.
8. Flax contains lignans that help disable harmful estrogens in the body, and helps protect from hormone related cancers such as breast, ovarian, and prostate.
9. Walnuts contain omega 3, are anti inflammatory, and contain plant sterols.
Other vegetables worth mentioning are the cruciferous like brussel sprouts, and cabbage. When buying these foods try to buy organic whenever possible. If you have a comment feel free to leave one below.
Caution/Disclaimer especially for people with cancer or who are ill this article is meant to be a supplemental guide only, before making any changes with diet please consult your doctor or healthcare professional first.